GMP Compliance Support & Facility Layout
The team at extraktLAB specializes in the design of GMP-compliant botanical manufacturing facilities that are efficient and scalable. Since 2014, extraktLAB’s team of engineers has designed operating facilities based on proven process workflow, material flow, equipment placement, and scalability.
The proven designs are based on extraktLAB’s highly scalable and high throughput manufacturing process, which has a radical impact on:
- Facility footprint at scale
- Power requirements at scale
- Long-term operating costs
- GMP compliance
Whether you are building from scratch or retrofitting an existing building to meet your manufacturing and packaging needs, our expert designers will help you develop your ideal botanical extraction lab.
Benefits of extraktLAB’s Design Services
The key reasons customers use our services are:
- Reduction in change orders upon building.
- Reduction in time to produce architectural and engineering plans.
- Readily available information on botanical manufacturing facilities layout and specifications for owners, stakeholders, and their teams.
- Extensive hemp manufacturing experience puts the design, manufacturing and process experts in direct communication with your architects and engineers to answer critical design questions.
- Collaborative designs help reduce the options up front–before full architectural and engineering plans are drafted.
- Designs help get the fundamentals right on scale-up, GMP considerations, and material and information flow.
What is Included?
Our Design and Equipment Layout Service enables the progress of architectural and engineering documentation for your facility. The service includes all the information your architect needs to design a construction layout and the information your engineers need to deliver on mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) plans for your facility.
We offer several different levels of service including:
- Scale Up Plan: Estimate manufacturing area and associated infrastructure that anticipates ramp up and growth based on forecast of the anticipated or existing product lines.
- Cut sheets for all major equipment in manufacturing.
- Equipment schedules.
- Optimized workflow for your facility.
- Safety and Hazard plans.
- Piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) for process piping.
It’s All About Scale Up
With our extensive knowledge on designing and engineering botanical manufacturing facilities, we can help you build scale into your design. Using a simple approach to scale, we help identify the critical infrastructure needed to accommodate your processing capacity requirements.
Customizable Botanical Extraction Facility Plans
Includes room and equipment layout, exhaust locations and schedules, NFPA 55 and 30 summary requirements, equipment schedules and cut sheets, compressed air distribution, CO2 distribution, chilled fluid distribution P&ID, vacuum distribution P&ID, footprint, power and heat load estimations as applicable.
These extraction facility plans are also:
- Customized to footprint desired.
- Customized to optimize manufacturing flow.
- Customized for scalability.
Get in touch with our team to request a quote, learn more about our training or get help with your business plan.
We are dedicated to providing you with the best advice, quality and service in the industry.
"*" indicates required fields